Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Two Thank You Notes for Helmetliners

These make me happy in my heart! My husband thought it was so cool that I got thank you notes from these two servicemen. I do, too. I attach a little note to each helmetliner with washing instructions, and I've included my email address. I had hoped I'd get a response, but really didn't expect to.

Here are the notes! (I've removed their names for their privacy)

Dear Susan ~

I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for sending the hats to us over here. They say that the best quality comes in something sent from the heart, and I truely believe that. You would be amazed how much use we will all get out of them over hear...many people, when they think of Iraq, only think of it being hot. But, here in October it is already getting very cold at night, so I can only imagine what it will feel like in January and February...we will put them to excellent use. I just know that, regardless of how busy we are over here, it is important to express our gratitude for the things, thoughts, and prayers that you and everyone else at home send our way. I just feel bad that all we have time to send is an email back in thanks, I wish there could be more. Technology, though, has made our lives so much easier over here. My family hasn't received a hand written letter yet :) But it allows us to keep in contact with folks at home in bulk rather than on a relay basis. Anyway, I didn't mean to break off on a tangent. Please just know that this thank you comes straight from the heart of all of us over here. We are proud to be in service. Thank you and God bless!

Sincerely,

T***** A*****

Hi, my name is Sgt T** W*****, and I just wanted to write, and tell you how much we appreciate the face and neck gaiters. Everyone here is very appreciative of everything that you, as well everyone has been doing for us. We all understand how precious time is for everyone back at home, which is why I personally would like to thank you for taking the time to help us out. The weather has been pretty hot, but here shortly, the temperatures will be dropping off quite steep. The gaiters will be put to very good use for all of us. Once again, I thank you for supporting us while we are away. We truly appreciate the time and effort you have given us, and only hope that we can be the best, for everyone back at home.

Thank You-----SGT W*****

This is what makes this all worthwhile!

Knowing that we can help!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for posting the responses you received. Still on my list of things to do, as soon as I get the yarn :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home