Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Mad Hatter

A Hat for My Mother...My mother, Pokey, came up from St. Simons for Thanksgiving. She got here Wednesday night. We did the turkey thing Thursday, and were to go furniture shopping on Friday. We're about to leave the house when Brad calls. He was going to Monroe MX, and had forgotten his gas can and some other motorcycle things. Well, I said I'd bring him his stuff, knowing, in the back of my mind that if I had to drove to Loganville, that I'd have to take mother to Margaret's Yarns Down Under in Monroe.

She loved it. She saw the cutest felted hats that Margaret had made, and decided that I needed to make one for her. Margaret found the pattern for us, and we picked out her yarn, and Voila! Pokey!

The pattern is Brown Sheep Wool Company's Fabulous Felted Hat. The yarn is Mauch Chunky in Strawberry and Black.


Then, on Saturday, we had to place a special order for the furniture that I wanted. So we got back out. I needed some #11 DPNs to finish her hat. We stopped by Joann's but it was a madhouse. So we went to All That Yarn. Nelsonya had the needles I needed, along with some way too cute little circular needles for making socks. She also had this fabulous yarn that I had to have. Naturally Nazareth in Summer. The pattern is ChicKnits Felted Bucket Hat. It is drying as I type.

This is Flowers on a Grave without the flowers. Very 20's, I think! I love it.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    That red hat is so fabulous! And I love your bucket hat! You are hat tricking all over the place!!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love the hats!! The red one is great!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger me myself and i said…

    great hats!!! love the red one too!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are doing a fab job on your hats! Keep it up. I'm sure your mom is just going to love her red hat!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home