Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Margaret's Yarns Down Under

This is the Yarn I bought from Margaret's Yarns Down Under to send to Ina. It's Malabrigo in Roanoke Gold, and it is the softest yummiest yarn ever!



I went to the most fantabulous yarn shop yesterday. It's called Margaret's Yarns Down under. The shop is in downtown Monroe, Georgia, but seems like it's in Little Five Points or Virginia Highlands. One of my co-workers said it belonged in San Francisco. It's funky and eclectic. It has a fab selection of yarns, and one of the best collections of books I've ever seen. I will be calling on Margaret and Janice often.

Janice was so helpful. We talked blogs, and she has one, too. It's called Knitting, with Dogs.

I love, love, love that shop!

I want to post pics of my treats, but blogger isn't cooperating. Maybe I can post them later.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In San Francisco, the best knitting store ever is called Imagiknit. I hyperventilate every time I walk in there cause the variety is so amazing. You probably would just love it...

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger me myself and i said…

    love the colors! they remind me of a sunset!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Oh, my gosh! I'm hyperventilating looking at that yarn. It's absolutely gorgeous! Good thing that yarn store isn't around here. Me, I live near SF, and I've scrupulously avoided ImagiKnit b/c I already have more stash than I can use in a lifetime, and I'd probably max out my credit card there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home