Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Bucket Bags



The bag to the left is my second attempt at a bucket bag. I used 10 1/2 needles and cast on 80 stitches. It felted much smaller than I had wanted it to. I have not yet knit the I-cord for this.








This bag was my first attempt at a bucket bag. I cast on 110 stitches and used size 9's. I knit for 20 inches, and it felted down to 14". It is really taller than I had wanted, but I love the colorway of the yarn (Noro Kureyon #95)















Here are the 2 bags side by side. I need to find a happy medium. I'm working on one now in Lion Wool and size 11's. Maybe this one will be the right size.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said…

    Finally, I can view these photos! I love the noro colorway, and I actually like the size; perhaps it should be wider. The other one's colors are great, but too small. this is a little like Goldilocks and the three bears--you need to find just right!

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I love the bags, especially the bigger one, the colours in it are great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home