Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mason Dixon Mania!

I've got the fever! Mason Dixon Mania. It is treated with tons of kitchen cotton and some really fun and easy patterns.
I got the book on June 30, at Why Knot Knit. Monica, the shop owner, actually went to her car and got her copy for me. I then traveled to Hobby Lobby for some $0.99 Sugar and Cream. I wanted to make Absorba. I ended up with Ecru, Soft Ecru, Jute, and Natural Ombre. And set to work on Absorba (4 stranded on 15's)
I kept looking through the book, and became intrigued by the Superfancy Potholder Loop Rug. So, I go over to JoAnn's and get some potholder loops, and some Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton. The loops turn out to be nylon, and I wanted cotton, so I went back to Hobby Lobby for some Cotton Jersey Potholder loops and some Superfancy Pink Sparkly knitting needles (Size 35). I got home and looped de loops, and ended up with this ginormous ball of yarn. (Absorba is in the background)

I started knitting that superfancy rug, and it kinda hurt my super wimpy hands. (I have a titanium plate and screws in one of my fingers, and it can get quite sore.) It was hard to knit on those straight needles. So, I found a 40% off coupon and headed back to JoAnns to return the nylon loops, and find some 35 circulars. The potholder rug is slow going now, but much easier with the circular needles.
One of the balls of Lion Cotton I got was "Americana", so I had to use it to make the Mason Dixon Washcloth for the 4th of July.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Knit Diva said…

    I can't wait to get my copy of this book. I want to try out the rug and some of the wash cloths.Size 35 and 50's are very hard to knit on. Ü

     

Post a Comment

<< Home