Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

And the wheel goes 'round.....



This is the Circle of Fun rug from MDK. I used 2 strands of SnC on 10 1/2's. The short rows are a lot of fun to knit, and it really turns out cool. I used Sugar and Cream Cream doubled for the cream sections and Country Sage Ombre and Jute for the variegated sections. I'm working on the first outer band in Cream. I've knit about 3 1/2 years, so I'm half way there. I may or may not do another outer band. If I do, I'm going to do it just in Jute, double stranded. I'm going to use it in my bathroom. My Abosrba was just too big, and the double stranded SnC is a perfect weight to throw over the side of the tub.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Sonja said…

    Wow! Three and a half years? That's a long time to work on a project. I proabably would have given up long ago!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Sonja--
    Just sarcasm about the 3 1/2 years. In the book, the pattern says for the bands to "knit for about 7 years", so I figured I was halfway there. I give up on projects after about 3 days, much less 3 years!

    Susan

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So cool! You chose terrific colors. I love Mason Dixon Knitting, and I'm thinking about making a log cabin blanket.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Sarahb--
    I'd like to do a log cabin blanket, too. But then I'd also liked to do a mitered squares and a moderne baby blanket. (I just have to get a nd stay pregnant, first!)
    susan

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lia said…

    Cool rug! I think that pattern is so funny "knit for about 7 years" heh heh, I'll get right on that!

    Hey, did you know Jack Hanley? That was my grandfather. Drop me a llne so we can talk about St. Simon's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home