Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Heading for Home

I went home this weekend. My friend Elaine is an interior designer, and designed a showcase house for Southern Accents. The Big Event was this weekend at Hampton Island, and I went with my cousin, my brother and his wife, and my mom and "older sister." I got to see Elaine, which is always a treat, and I also got to see my forever friend, Katy. Three Dog Night was the entertainment at this event. We sat on the lawn and were eaten alive by bugs (one of the hazards of coastal Georgia). The house was fabulous, as was the Big Event. The food was great, and we really enjoyed ourselves.

It was also my daddy's birthday. We went over there for supper, and I took my grandmother. We had to wait a while for my brother and his wife to get there, and so we drank some margaritas. Apparently, my Mimi had too many. We finished eating, and my brother started playing the piano. The next thing I know, Ellen, my sister-in-law, runs in looking for a camera, because Mimi and Wayne were dancing! I'll have to post pictures.

I had a little SEX while I was there. My Stash Enhancing e-Xpedition included trips to both The Stitchery of St. Simons, where I got some Cotton Chenille, a set of Denise Needles, and a Knitwhits kit for the Ripley Hat. Then I went to Fuzzy Mabel and got some needles, and some Euroflax Linen to make a hand towel for my mother's bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home