Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The New Cycle

I'm getting ready to start a new DE cycle. I've been matched with a donor, and she looks quite like my brother did when he was a baby. We can only see baby pics, but I think that's okay. One of the girls on FF just found out that her cycle worked. I only hope that I can follow in her footsteps.

I'm starting my Lupron next Monday, so things will be moving along after that. They have increased my estrogen quite a bit based on the results of my second mock cycle. Hopefully my lining will cooperate. Dr. B. told me that I had a stubborn uterus during that mock cycle. I hope that it will behave for the real thing.

I was a little apprehensive about my donor at first. I had asked for curly hair and green eyes. She has straight hair and brown eyes. But I have been looking at children and their parents a lot lately, and have seen some mothers/fathers and children who look nothing alike. I started thinking about my cousin, who is very fair. She has blonde hair, and is whiter than I am, and I'm pretty white. She married a guy who is Italian and Portuguese. Needless to say, he has dark hair and nice tanning olive skin. (To us very fair folks, to be able to tan would be a dream come true...My sun cycle consists of burn, blister, peel, freckle) The whole time Debbie was pregnant with her son, we just knew he would be dark like Tony. He is the blondest thing you've ever seen. Her daughter is the same way. So I guess it really doesn't matter how my donor looks. What does matter is if she produces some good quality eggs that will grow to blastocyst, and will snuggle in when they are transferred back to me. She has just done a successful cycle, so hopefully I'll be the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home