Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I'm not a complete and total yarn snob, although I do prefer natural fibers. I do avoid Red Heart. I will use Lion Brand for some things.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin nor do I crochet. I would like to try to learn to do both.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a little rolling cart from JoAnn's that I try to keep my striaght needles in. I have 2 roll up bags for DPNs. I have a circular case, and I just bought the circular solution thingie that hangs up. I really am disorganized, so my needles are really all over my house!
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit in 5th grade. That was 1975. So, 31 years, on and off. I'd say I'm intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I don't, but I should!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I'm into Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works, but usually don't like Vanilla.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Love, love, love sweets. Chocolate, Reese's Cups, dark chocolate, Ghirardelli caramels
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I just taught myself to make stitch markers. I used to cross stitch and needlepoint. I garden when it is warm.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Classic Rock...Stones, Dead,Southern Rock, Beach Boys, Neil Young, CSN(Y)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Pink!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 3 dogs, TTC 1st baby w/DE
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
malabrigo, noro kureyon, koigu

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
!00% acrylic worsted

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Felted bags, flowers

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
hats, socks, purses, Helmetliners

17. What are you knitting right now?
An ascot with Patons Lacette from the Patons Karma One Book, Nicky's Floral Bag, Nicky's Bed of Roses pillow, a pair of pink slippers from a Target kit, and ...who knows what else.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I do like to receive handmade gifts.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I prefer circular needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Metal---Addi Turbos,
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My fifth grade teacher taught us to knit. I learned again when I was in college.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
31 years old (from 5th grade)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Pink Panther, bees

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentine's Day


26. Is there anything that you collect?
Junk!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not that I can think of off hand.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to knit socks on those new little circs

Are
you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I wear an 81/2. I'll measure it later.

Birthday...January 30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home