Three Bags Full

The unravelings of the mind of a G*R*I*T*S (Girl Raised In The South) who knits.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We're Moving Forward

TTC News:

I have had a long and unsuccessful journey on the road to motherhood. We have had 5 miscarriages. I've lost a fallopian tube. And this summer, I was told that I was Post Menopausal. But, we've not given up hope.

We were referred to ACRM, and were told about using Donor Eggs. We've been on the waiting list for an egg donor since August.

Last Thursday, I decided that I needed to check in with the clinic. The girl with whom Brad and I had met was no longer working there. I was devastated. I left a message with my nurse, and the person who was filling in for the Donor Egg Coordinator.

I was teaching my 5th graders at the end of the day, and about 2:45 my cell phone rings. I thought it was my nurse, but the phone number was the main number at the clinic. I called back, and was put through to the person filling in. She said that they had an offer for me, meaning that they had found a donor! She sent me her info sheet and baby pics. I am thrilled. I called Brad on the way home, and by the time I'd gotten there, he'd already called his parents and Gwenn.

I went in yesterday for a trial transfer and a hysteroscopy (ouch) and things were good. They've put me on the pill.

I talked to Bernadette today, and she said I'd probably start meds by the end of the month. So, things are finally moving forward.

Knitting News:


My mother and I started a prayer shawl for my Uncle Doug, using Lion Brand Chenille Thick and Quick in Bordeaux, and size 17's. I'm also working on a lacy ascot from Paton's Karma One book in Lacette (Hint of Rose). It is so pretty. Felted Floral also on the sticks.


2 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger teabird said…

    I know a woman whose daughter had that procedure - it worked, and they have a lovely baby daughter. Best of luck to you!

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    I had a tube and an ovary removed and have been unable get pregnant (8 years). I totally understand. It is horrible! Keep your spirits up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home